2013 Dates: Sunday, August 11th-Tuesday, August 13th
Registration is on a first come first serve basis and will close when we are at full capacity or on July 24th. Payments must be paid to be fully registered. Missing payments may cause you to be removed from registration.
Cougar eXcursion (CE) is an interactive program specifically designed to gain knowledge and create a sense of community that is pertinent to a successful first-year student at the College. Through this unique experience, natural leadership talents begin to transform into the skill sets that are pivotal to mastering the freshman year and beyond.
Perks of Participating:
- Move into your dorm before the rest of school!
- Form friendships before the semester starts!
- Know more about the school then the average student!
Camp St. Christopher: Where it all happens!
- Camp St. Christopher is located on beautiful Seabrook Island, with the beach only a few feet away. For specific information please feel free to visit their website.
Activities at Cougar Excursion include:
- Mingling with first-year students, as well as upperclassmen
- Discovering ways to become involved in on-campus activities
- Participating in leadership group initiatives and activities
- Developing the kinds of leadership skills and strategies that will ensure a positive and productive first-year experience
- Learning about the legends and traditions of the College
- Shaving cream battle, always a popular bonding opportunity
Quotes from Past Participants
“Cougar Excursion is a great way to meet people and make friends”
“It allowed me to gain new perspectives”
“The discussions with facilitators were very helpful because they have experience.”
“I highly doubt any of us would have connected so well in only two days had we just been on campus”
“I feel better having talked to students involved in groups I am highly interested in pursuing”
“It really showed me what the CofC attitude is”
“It was an invaluable experience to get a leg up”
“It was super fun!”
“Great experience! Amazing! You will have a blast!”
"Leaders do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done,
whether they want to do it or not, without being asked."