Aug. 18th-20th at Seabrook Island’s Camp St. Christopher with campus move-in on Aug. 17th.
Space is limited. Register now. Registration ends July 25th.
Registration costs $225 for conference site lodging, activity fees, transportation and meals.
In addition, there will be a charge for three nights of Campus Housing fees for early move-in**. See below.
**To note: Campus Housing rates are between $21.00 - $47.00 per student per night for early move in depending on the residence hall. These charges apply for August 17th, 18th and 19th with one night's cost covered by the Higdon Student Leadership Center. Your student's regular housing contract begins on Saturday, August 20th. Early move in fees will be posted to your student's eBill account. If you have questions about the early move in fee, please contact Campus Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843 953-5523.
Additional info about Cougar Excursion will be posted on our website as the date gets closer.
Cougar Excursion (CE) is an interactive program specifically designed to increase new, freshmen students’ campus knowledge and facilitate a sense of community that is the foundation of a successful first-year student at the College. Through this unique experience, natural leadership ability begins to transform into skills that are pivotal to mastering the freshman year and beyond.
Camp St. Christopher: Where it all happens!
Camp St. Christopher is located on beautiful Seabrook Island, with the beach only a few feet away. For specific information please feel free to visit their website.
Perks of Participating:
- Move your belongings into your residence hall early!
- Form friendships and acquaintances before the semester starts.
- Know more about CofC when school starts than the average incoming student.
Activities at Cougar Excursion include:
- Mingling with first-year students, as well as upperclassmen.
- Learning about the legends and traditions of the College.
- Discovering ways to become involved in on-campus activities.
- Participating in leadership group initiatives and activities.
- Developing leadership skills and strategies that will ensure a positive and productive first-year experience.
Quotes from Past Participants:
“It allowed me to gain new perspectives."
“The discussions with facilitators were very helpful because they have experience.”
“I highly doubt any of us would have connected so well in only two days had we just been on campus.”
“I feel better having talked to students involved in groups I am highly interested in pursuing.”
“It really showed me what the CofC attitude is.”
“It was an invaluable experience to get a leg up.”
“It was super fun!”
“Great experience! Amazing! You will have a blast!”