Cougar Excursion (CE) is an interactive program specifically designed to increase new, freshmen students’ campus knowledge and facilitate a sense of community that is the foundation of a successful first-year student at the College. Through this unique experience, natural leadership ability begins to transform into skills that are pivotal to mastering the freshman year and beyond.
Camp St. Christopher: Where it all happens!
Camp St. Christopher is located on beautiful Seabrook Island, with the beach only a few feet away. For specific information please feel free to visit their website.
Perks of Participating:
- Move your belongings into your residence hall early!
- Form friendships and acquaintances before the semester starts.
- Know more about CofC when school starts than the average incoming student.
Activities at Cougar Excursion include:
- Mingling with first-year students, as well as upperclassmen.
- Learning about the legends and traditions of the College.
- Discovering ways to become involved in on-campus activities.
- Participating in leadership group initiatives and activities.
- Developing leadership skills and strategies that will ensure a positive and productive first-year experience.
Quotes from Past Participants:
“It allowed me to gain new perspectives."
“The discussions with facilitators were very helpful because they have experience.”
“I highly doubt any of us would have connected so well in only two days had we just been on campus.”
“I feel better having talked to students involved in groups I am highly interested in pursuing.”
“It really showed me what the CofC attitude is.”
“It was an invaluable experience to get a leg up.”
“It was super fun!”
“Great experience! Amazing! You will have a blast!”